Stalking is not something that just happens to Hollywood stars and athletes. According to the National Stalking Resource Center roughly 1 in 12 women and 1 in 45 men will be stalked in their lifetime.
Stalking is one of those crimes for which a victim needs to build their own case before law enforcement will get involved. Even then cases are sometimes difficult to prove. In some jurisdictions, these cases end up with a victim facing serious physical harm before they are taken seriously.
Here are some ways Copenhaver & Associates Private investigators can help:
- Identify the early warning signs of stalking
- Help you issue a no contact order
- Create a safety plan
- Document the stalkers activities and collect evidence – Often it is up to the victim to start the evidence collection to generate a police report and legal case.
- Identify potential vulnerabilities in your surroundings and help identify where your personal information can be found that the stalker may have access to as well.
- Assess your technology use and create strategies for minimizing personal data online
- Conduct a background investigations to see prior behavior and possible criminal history